The AMBIKA is the darkest tenor mouthpiece in our entire line-up. It is a great classic jazz mouthpiece with a true vintage sound. While it is very dark sounding, it still projects nicely. It has a warm, deep, and hauntingly gorgeous tone.
We are proud to introduce BY FAR the highest quality, most resonant, hard rubber available today in saxophone mouthpieces. By optimizing manufacturing techniques and recipes for hard rubber manufactured in the 1940s and 50s by the Meyer Bros., Otto Link, and Henry Chedeville, the rich resonant sound previously only available in vintage mouthpieces is BACK. There has never been a better hard rubber mouthpiece made….EVER!
Even though it has our HUGE True Large Chamber and no baffle, the AMBIKA is not stuffy or thin. The AMBIKA allows one to get the rich spread sound of the 1940s mouthpieces, but yet still project enough to be heard, and feel expressive. Our True Large Chambers are technically superior and more accurate to the vintage (and other new) large chambers due to our patent-pending machining technology.
- Built to outplay Theo's very best Vintage New York Tone Master and Master Link Otto Link. Theo succeeded!!!
- The perfect Classic Jazz mouthpiece, with a deep and haunting sound best left to poetry. Hauntingly dark!
- No baffle, yet still projects wonderfully.
- Huge True Large Chamber like its 1940’s brethren, but manufactured with precision only previously dreamed of.
- Revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
- Revolutionary True Large Chambers - Huge!
- Patented, state-of-the-art, interior design with rounded inner side walls.
- Material: BY FAR the highest quality, most resonant, premium hard rubber available today in saxophone mouthpieces.
- Shank Ring: Vintified brass shank ring.
- Serial Number: Includes specific run and individual mouthpiece number.
- Pressure Plates: Includes both Alive Gold and Heavy Copper pressure plates and a precision screwdriver.
- Ligature: Includes our innovative, three-point contact, Enlightened Ligature (Vintified) and a precision hex-driver.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads with varying hardness.