Infused with the spirit of Dexter Gordon, the GAIA was built to outplay Theo's very best Florida Otto Link. Theo succeeded in spades! It is not just a simple copy of a vintage mouthpiece. Theo has taken his extensive experience working with vintage mouthpieces and made the type of same sound, just better!
The GAIA tends towards a traditional Jazz taste, but is quite versatile like the AMMA. The GAIA has a medium roll-over baffle, precision-sculpted inner sidewalls, and our True Large Chamber for a simply huge and alive vintage sound.
We are proud to introduce BY FAR the highest quality, most resonant, hard rubber available today in saxophone mouthpieces. By optimizing manufacturing techniques and recipes for hard rubber manufactured in the 1940s and 50s by the Meyer Bros., Otto Link, and Henry Chedeville, the rich resonant sound previously only available in vintage mouthpieces is BACK. There has never been a better hard rubber mouthpiece made….EVER! See the difference!
The GAIAs True Large Chamber is very much like the vintage mouthpieces of the 1940s but technically superior due to our patent-pending machining technology. Take a look at our baffles, tip rails, side rails, and interior design. We show you pictures of these for a reason. Because they are manufactured with and accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece, vintage or new! The GAIA is truly revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
- Built to outplay Theo's very best Vintage Otto Link. Theo succeeded!
- Inspired by the Genius of Dexter Gordon.
- Full, rich and fat traditional sound with a hint of edge.
- Medium Roll-Over Baffle combined with our precision crafted True Large Chamber.
- Complex interior design like a vintage mouthpiece, but fully machined incredible accuracy.
- Revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
- Revolutionary True Large Chambers - Huge!
- Patented, state-of-the-art, interior design with rounded inner side walls.
- Material: BY FAR the highest quality, most resonant, premium hard rubber available today in saxophone mouthpieces.
- Shank Ring: 24K gold-plated brass shank ring.
- Serial Number: Includes specific run and individual mouthpiece number.
- Pressure Plates: Includes both Alive Gold and Heavy Copper pressure plates and a precision screwdriver.
- Ligature: Includes our innovative, three-point contact, Enlightened Ligature (Vintified) and a precision hex-driver.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads with varying hardness.