The DURGA3 Alto has a rich and full contemporary sound.
It has a uniquely designed baffle (part of our patented interior design) coupled with deeply rounded inner side walls, and a special power version of our True Large Chamber. The power version of our True Large Chamber incorporates an inverse power ring giving it the full sound inherent in our True Large Chamber AND extra power to cut through.
It is so much fun to play you just won’t want to put your horn down!
Large chambers have been widely explored in the history of tenor mouthpieces, but very little has been done with alto mouthpieces, until now. Theo Wanne’s new True Large Chamber alto mouthpieces are breaking new ground, opening up a whole new world for the alto saxophone.
Theo Wanne's new Blue ART material is a proprietary material never before used in mouthpiece manufacturing. It was discovered through the testing of materials used in Aerospace and Medical manufacturing, and was found to be extremely resonant, rich sounding and more responsive than Hard Rubber.
In addition to these sound characteristics, this new material is also non-porous and sterile, making it safer to use and easier to clean.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Radical Inverted Power Ring and our True Large Chamber!
- Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip.
- Uniquely shaped long step baffle.
- Revolutionary True Large Chambers - Huge!
- Patented, state-of-the-art, interior design with rounded inner side walls.
- Finish: Blue A.R.T.
- Pressure Plates: Includes both Alive Gold and Heavy Copper pressure plates and a precision screwdriver.
- Ligature: Includes our patented ENLIGHTENED Ligature.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads with varying hardness.